The cover letter is often the most important part of your application package, and the importance is often over looked by the applicant. Cover letter writing is an art that needs to be perfected in order to catch the eye of an interviewer or interview selection committee. There are a number of strategies that can be used in order to achieve the attention of the interview selection committee.
The following is a list of item that should be included in an effective cover letter;
1) Specific reasons for wanting to work at a particular school
2) Proper form and grammar
3) Your academic and professional qualifications
4) The exact position you are applying for
5) Demonstrates a passion for student success and the teaching profession
6) Illustrates qualities you possess and experiences you bring to the school
Below are examples of cover letters that have been used in applying for teaching jobs. We have presented the examples here in .doc format so you can use them as a template for your own resume in MS Office or most word processing programs. Download the file by clicking on the image.
Jane’s Cover Letter
John’s Cover Letter